Thursday, February 22, 2007

Tatting this month

A friend of mine asked me to tat something for an auction. This is a fund raiser for her Relay For Life team. Since my friend sells PartyLite candles, I thought this beaded tea candle holder would be great. The pattern is one of Bina's designs at http://www.paradisetreasures.com I did not use as many beads as Bina did. Katie loved it.


I have some friends that I get together with to pray, one day a week. Being valentines week, I decided to make a heart for the leader. The heart is a pattern by Teri Dusenbury, called Sarah's Heart. The Angel is one of Teri's pattern, also. http://theloversknot.blogspot.com

Then I added the praying angel in the center with beads and a crystal. I attached a piece of clear thread to hang it from.

Here is my attempt at Riet's Two Daisy Picot Heart. Boy was this technique a challenge for me. I had to try and cut many many times before I finally got it. (I think) I decided, that I did not want to cut and tie where it said and then start the second daisy. I just continued on around. I put paper clips where the daisy joins would be and then connected as I made the daisy.




2 comments:

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Let me try again. I can't seem to spell today. I enjoyed seeing your work, Tami. The combination of the angel and Teri's heart really inspire me. Thanks!