Well, of course, I have been quilting. It has slowed down some, so I have been able to play a little.
A friend was looking at my lavender, and told me about lavender wands she had made. I had never heard of that, but as soon as she left, I looked it up on the Internet. I tried to make one, and failed. I gave up for about a week. Tried again one night while watching a movie. Nope. The next day I sat on my porch with a bunch of lavender and tried again. Here is a picture of my success. The white one is the first I made. Then each one in the row.
On Monday I rode with my husband all day. He drives truck. On Tuesday afternoon, I finally got together with a friend to do some fabric coloring. I have been intrigued with Irean Blums quilts, and had purchased her book and kit. http://site.irenabluhmscreations.com/index.html My friend purchased a kit also. I have been waiting to have some time to work on it. The kit comes with a 11x11 piece of quilted fabric. I decided I did not want to practice on that one, so I embroidered out a couple of different designs to work with. One is a Holice Turnbow design. The other is from some clip art I purchased from http://www.designstitch.com/ It is a butterfly and flower. I digitized it in my Bernina embroidery software and then embroidered it out. We had lots of fun, but my friend exceeds at it. You should see how hers turned out. But she is an art major. Here is a before and after of the one I did.
I was able to get only 15 of the crosses done for the young lady going to Africa. She left on Tuesday. She was happy to get them.