Monday, July 14, 2008

Busy Week and Weekend

I need to get organized!!

Quilting: Quilted 6 customer quilts and 1 QOV quilt that I pieced

Here is a picture of one of the QOV quilts I have finished, except the binding. I still need to sew the bind to the back. I love this pattern and will be teaching a group of women at our church so we can make many. The pattern is by Alycia at http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/2008/05/not-so-top-secret-project-intro.html08/05/not-so-top-secret-project-intro.html. I have another done in blue, beige and green. Still need to quilt that one.

Tatting: I completed another wedding hanky. This was for a young women that I had worked with. I was still sewing the tatting onto the hanky as we drove to the church. Did not plan that well. So no pictures.
I also played around with a edging pattern that is called Entwined Hearts Edging. It is by Barbara Hevener. It is a pattern that is being used for the 2008 Tat-off at Palmetto. http://www.palmettotatters.org/ Here is a picture of what my attempt looks like.

I have also been working on the crosses for a young lady who is going on a missions trip to Africa. I looked up the country and found that their flags are Black, Red and Yellow. So I am trying to get as many of them done as I can before she leaves in 2 weeks.





No comments: