Thursday, October 23, 2008

Corn? & Quilting


Well, last year I shared with you a picture of my broccoli growing experience. Ha Ha. This year I decided to plant some corn. We did not have a very long growing period and produce did not do well this year. First off, only one corn stock grew. I was told since only one grew, I would not get any corn because the stocks cross pollinate. I decided to let it grow anyways because it added a fun look to the yard. It only reach about 2 feet tall, but it did grow a ear. We left it alone till the first frost came and then picked it. Here is a picture. I plan to have a full garden next year. I hope I can find something I can grow.



Usually when I am working on a quilt, I try to match the bobbin thread to the backing. I decided with this one to use matching top and bottom thread. I like how the front and the back turned out.

No comments: