Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Using Recycled Materials






Well I love to use the fabric samples, from the furniture store. They are great for making all kinds of things. I have used them to make and sell Check book covers, small purse Kleenex covers, etc. Doing a little of the green thing. Before Christmas, I got ready for my quilt guild gift exchange. I thought about making a gift bag out of the sample fabric. Then it would be reusable. So I played around. I cut the fabric and then embroidered the snowflakes. Then I started sewing it together. I decided to create the folds in it, so it would fold up easy like a paper bag. I love it and plan to make more.


Then my mom was talking about wine bags, so again I played around. Got ideas from others online and here are three of the bags I made.

1 comment:

Gina said...

There are so many wonderful patterns online in all areas. I've been getting lots of little sewing things that I hope to do at some point this year.