Monday, June 1, 2009

Better, Bored and Tatting


Well it has been 4 weeks today since my back surgery. Getting better each day. Last weeks MRI showed some scaring might be causing the problem. I go to see the surgeon tomorrow.

I am getting kind of antsy. I am tired of not being able to do much of anything. I have not quilted for 4 weeks, and don't know yet when they will let me start again.

I have been tatting and knitting. Here is a picture of what tatting I have been working on. I am tatting the angels to give to the nurses who took care of me at the hospital. They were so sweet and caring. I made one of Ruth's new butterflies, but could not do the special stitch on the wing. Another Teapot from Martha's book. Jon's new Mother's day Heart (had trouble with the picots. Also, I tatted Wally's Butterfly.



I finally made all my Thank you cards. These I am giving to the ladies who brought food for my hubby and I after my surgery. Also, for those who sent flowers. In the days of recycling, I have made a matching little strip of paper, with one of the tiles on top. This is what I wrote my message to them on and then stuck in the card. (The pink color you see is just a piece of paper I put behind the slip and card to make the slip show). I did not write on the envelope and so told them that this was so they could use the card to send to someone else. They loved the idea. The artwork that I use to make the teabag folding cards is from Ruby Burns http://pages.prodigy.net/rubyburns/index.html. I have purchased several of her sets and love making cards from them.

4 comments:

Gina said...

I know recovery takes awhile but it helps when you can feel even tiny improvements along the way. Hope you're back to normal soon!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you had back surgery. That is so difficult to recuperate from. I hope the scarring isn't too bad.

Your tatting is beautiful! Those little angels are very cute and sweet! I'm sure your nurses will be thrilled to get them! They work so hard and just LOVE any kind of appreciation shown to them for all their work! That is very sweet of you!

Your Thank you cards are darling, too! So thoughtful!

Glad you're able to tat during your recuperation. Get well soon and I hope that the surgery was a success after all is said and done! :)

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

All the tatting you have accomplished during your recovery is beautiful and how special and generous of you to tat for your nurses. I hope you feel much better very soon!

Tat-a-Renda said...

I hope you are feeling much better now after the back surgery. I suppose tatting or knitting is a good way to pass the recuperation period since you don't need much movement. I hope you'll be able to start quilting soon.