Monday, February 21, 2011

Some of the tatting I have done in the last month.














The ball was for a women's Christmas ball exchange and dinner. Pattern is by Nancy Tracy at http://www.be-stitched.com/. Because I did not like how far it hung down on the ball, I added a tight row of beads at the top to make it smaller. I also used a couple of dots of glue to hold it in place. I added a chain of beads on the inside with a cross dangling down. It was a big hit, and I left there with a order for 2 more. This was my first time to make one of these.
The orange and black crosses are from a pattern by Patti Duff. We had some Chaplains coming through town on their Harley's. Members of our church set up a BBQ for them and I decided to make the crosses. I am not a orange person, so had no orange tatting thread. Being a quilter and machine embroiderer, I took several different spools of thread and wound my shuttle. I ended up having one left over. When a friends husband died, I gave it to her in a book that is being passed around. They rode Harley's and she even put his ashes in a Harley Cookie Jar. It was perfect. Love this pattern and make it all the time. I make them for my dad to hand out to patients in the hospital where he is the head Chaplain. I don't know how many hundreds I have made.
I made these two necklaces from Marliee's new book "Up and Tat 'Em". They were made as Christmas gifts for my two daughter-in-laws. One of them is a graduate in Nuclear Science working on her PHD. So of course I had to tat her the Atom. I did it in her school colors. My other daughter-in-law is the mother of our twin granddaughters. She is a beautiful young women. Her smile lights up the room. She likes it simple and fun. So I made her "Belle" I used one of Marlee's hand died threads.
I decided again to use the cross bookmark, for a Relay for Life Fundraiser. I made these Postcards to raise money for our hospital team. I used Marlee's Peace Rose thread. Made up this card with a picture of the Peace Rose. On the back it had a place for TO: From: and blank lines for a message. They went like hotcakes.
Here is a different cross I made, using the Peace Rose hdt.


1 comment:

Karen said...

As usual, your tatting is so very nice. I see Marilee's patterns again and must buy her book. Patti's cross works up so nice and I like the Peace Rose w/card. I've made many, many of the same cross, too. Good to see you posting again. Karen in OR