Sunday, March 27, 2011

Breeding is not for the weak!


Today I found out that is me. I knew from the time MerSadies went into labor, that if she popped out a little girl, she was sold. So out popped the first.......a girl Harley. MerSadies did not know what it was and tried to bury her. So I had to get her out of the sack, suction her out, get her breathing, dry her and cut the cord. Never done that before. I know the new owners and will see her from time to time, but....today as I did up a little birth certificate, I looked through all the pictures. She was three days old when I took this picture of her with her mommy. It made me cry. Today I took her to her new home. She was crying when left. Now I am having a hard time today. I don't know how it will be when we finally sell the boys. I know that I don't like this, and we are getting MerSadies fixed. We have several people who love the puppies but only want a girl. They want us to do it again, but my heart can't handle it. It was an adventure.

No comments: