Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Playing with Minitures


I love to crochet and always wanted to try doing it with thread. I found a couple of sites about it and a pattern. I love the bears. My daughter collects frogs, so I purchased a pattern by Edith Molina. Since I have been dealing with my back and sickness, I have not been able to do much, so I thought now was the perfect time to try them. The bear is a free pattern from Edith Molina to get you started. I had no problem crocheting the parts. The bear I had trouble keeping the arms being the same size and the legs being the same size. When it came to puting them together, it took a few days to get up the nerve to attempt it. I put the frog together first. Then a couple days later the bear.

You can go to http://www.squidoo.com/groups/thread_crochet_bears to see Edith's Bears.

I joined a group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tmcritters/ The group has lots of patterns and very helpful members. I can't wait to try more.

Here are pictures of my first 2. I put my bear next to a bottle of nail polish, so you can get an idea of the size.
The bear is 2½" sitting and 3 standing. The frog is 1-3/4" sitting (top of eyes to seat). 4¼" from top of eyes to tip of toes.

No comments: