Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Long Time No Posting

Well I have been so busy, I have not posted.

After my steroid shot, I had three wonderful weeks with no pain. Then one morning, my back went pop pop, but no pain. Had an hour drive to a meeting, and when I got out, I could hardly move and so much pain. So one week in a lot of pain and using a walker to get around the house. Next week less pain. This week has started out better.

During the last few weeks, I have been making things for my nieces bridal shower and a baby shower. I have also been doing lots of quilting. My nieces has always been petite. I have called her my little mouse, so I have embroidered cute mice on different things throughout the years. So, part of her decorations where crochet lace mice. I crochet them with white thread then stiffened them over their molds. Then glued the pieces together and tied black bows on their tales. I forgot to take pictures. Then I made these votive decorations for the table also.



I was in charge of the games for both the bridal shower (for a lady at church) and my nieces bridal shower. For the prizes, I decided to make cards. I love to make cards and ad the teabag folded designs. I ended up making 17 cards. I packaged them in sets of 4 with the envelopes for the prizes. The designs for the cards came from http://pages.prodigy.net/rubyburns/ This is my favorite Teabag folding site. If you have not tried it, you should. It is addicting. Here is a picture of the cards I made for it.


I also crochet this cute thong for my niece. She is so funny. Every Christmas my mom would put undies in all the grandkids stockings. Bre would get this funny look on her face and sit on them as quick as she could. She would do the same when I started embroidering their girls' thongs and the guys boxers. I draped the thong over her presents on the table. She walked past it a few times and then did a double take. She said "A u n t T a m i". She knew who had done them. She thought they were a decoration. I told her no the pattern says they are real. They are to wear. Who knows. It was fun and was quite the conversational piece.


One of the games that I did at both showers, was bingo. You make a bingo card, and then have the guest number it 1 - 24. As the gifts come in, you put a number on them. As the bride or mother-to-be is handed a gift, the number is read off of it. First to get a bingo wins. Here are the bingo cards I made.

I had never done games for a baby shower, so I looked them up on the Internet. As you can tell, I like to do things funny, or weird, how ever you look at it. So I decided on a game that is the dirty diaper game. You buy a package of disposable diapers. You use 4 for the game and give the rest to the m-2-b. On the 4 you kept, you put a letter on each, A-D. In each diaper you will open it and put in a piece of candy bar. Use 4 different ones. Melt them in the microwave. Give each guest a piece of paper and have them put the 4 letters on it. Then pass the diapers around one at a time so that they can guess what candy bar is in each diaper. It is so funny to watch. We took pictures of the ladies smelling this dirty diapers to figure out what was in them. They looks so realistic. Here is a picture of one to prove it.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Well Tami that was quite the "thong" you made for your niece!! Had forgotten how Bre reacted to the underwear in the stockings!! The cards and games were wonderful!! Wish I had been able to be there!! Mom