Thursday, May 22, 2008

Using embossing powder on art from your printer?!?!

Last Sunday we had a women's tea and luncheon. This was put on and attended by women from all the Churches in town. This was the second year we have done it. It is always wonderful. My Pastor's wife was the speaker this year and she did a wonderful job. She was in charge of getting ladies to host tables and all the other things that went on.

I hosted one of the tables. When you host the table, you bring plates, napkins, table cloth, pitcher, teapot, teacups and saucers, a center piece, and small party favors for your guests. You never know who will be sitting at your table till that day. I had purchased a silver teapot at an antique show, last month. Instead of a center piece, I made some more of the votive covers. I love making these. This time I did not have rubber stamps for the look I wanted, so found clip art. When I printed the teacups on the velum, I decided to see if the embossing powder would stick to it. What do you know, it worked! You have to be right at the printer with the powder and be sprinkling it on as it comes out. Be careful not to get any in the printer. Then use your gun to melt it into place.

For the party favors, I made a little book, that can be used as a bookmark or hang from something. It actually has a poem in it. I found the directions for making these at http://shala.addr.com/print/minis/index.html I then embroidered and made these key chain flip flops. They were a lot of fun. Directions and the design for these is at http://www.pawdesigns2.com/. Here is a picture of my finished projects.

No comments: