Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tatting? Knitting? Quilting Yes

Well as usual, I have been busy quilting. My back has been doing great, so I have been able to get a lot finished. The quilt I finished this week was quite the challenge. The blocks where machine embroidered blocks & heirloom sewing technique blocks. It is a wedding quilt. I did not make the quilt, a customer did. I had fun trying to figure out how to quilt each block. Here is a teaser picture. You will have to go to my webshots and see the rest. http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/562883335bdGzuF?start=24

Since my back was bad there for awhile, I was reading some books a friend gave me to read. They are murder mysteries with knitting thrown in. Author is Maggie Sefton. Titles "Knit One Kill Two", "A Deadly Yarn" & "Needled to Death". There are patterns and recipes in the book, also. Gave me the knitting bug, and I have been working on a scarf while watching TV. http://www.maggiesefton.com/knitting.html

I have managed to do a little tatting. I am still working on my nieces wedding hanky. I have tatted up some more of the crosses from Patty's book. These will be for giving away.


Also, am working on Jane Eborall's newest Tat it and See. http://tatitandsee.blogspot.com/ She is on Day 9, I am still working on Day 8. Don't know what it is yet?


I get bored easily so work on many projects at a time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your bookmarks look very well, done. I guess we all have to wait and see exactly what Jane E. is up to with her Tat It And See, won't we?

Marilee Rockley said...

The crosses are beautiful, and what nice colors.