Monday, June 23, 2008

Another Wedding Down

Well I have been busy quilting and getting ready for my nieces wedding. It was a beautiful wedding. It decided to rain during the ceremony. The place it was at had umbrellas. At least it was not a downpour. We had fun with family and and met knew people. I actually got to dance and have fun. My back did not give me one once of trouble. Yahoo!!!!!


Here are pictures of her wedding hanky and card I made her. The edging on the hanky is tatted. Also, I made her a bag for the wedding dance. It is made with satin on the outside and cotton for the lining. I used my embroidery machine to embroider the design and added their initials. I sewed on 164 silver beads. Added 20 crystals. Sewed cording up the 4 seams. I did not have the right size cording for the straps, so took the small cording I used on the seams, with a length silver thread and made a twisted cord, doubling it. It worked perfect.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Both are beautiful!

Unknown said...

The bag is lovely. I love the tatted edging for the hanky. Is that a novelty card with a mini wedding dress bodice to put the wedding hanky in? How did you do that? It's so adorable!

Tatenup said...

Thank you both for your compliments. The bodice and hanger is an embroidery design from My Fair Lady Embroidery Designs. http://www.secretsof.com/content/2335. I liked how she did the card, but made mine bigger. I also added the brides name. Inside is a poem about the wedding hanky and then turning it into a bonnet for the first baby. And then that baby caring down the isle as a hanky again. You embroider write on the card stock. This is the 4th one I have made. I had a friend from OR order two for weddings she had coming up. I will be making another one in 2 weeks.

Unknown said...

Oh, thanks for the info. It's very pretty. What a lovely gift for the bride, too.