Monday, May 21, 2012

Great Weekend of Church, Kyaking & Storms

What a fun weekend.
On Saturday, we picked up our fruits and veggies from our Bountiful Baskets drop.  Then we headed to a park in Pullman for some picture taking.  This is a couple of my favorite pictures, I took.  I laid down on the grass under the purple flowers.  Convinced my husband to do it also.  He did not want to.....but finally did.  I suppose to shut me up.  I know his pictures probably turned out better....but I had fun.  Then off to get other groceries and some more flowers for my yard & containers.  Then home to relax while hubby went flying with his brother.

On Sunday we had another great day at church.  We are doing a 60 days of dreaming challenge.  If you want to learn what God's dream is for you.....check it out.  Then hubby and I went Kayaking.  Last year we only had one kayak, so I only went once with him and stood on the dock when he paddled around and then I paddled around.  This year we now have two, so off we went.  We went to Bonnie Lake.  You have to go up a creek to get to the lake.  At first I was nervous, but then started to have lots of fun.  Quite the exercise.  It was a little overcast, but warm.  Seeing the wild life was great.  The water lilies are getting ready to bloom.  We saw lots of turtles and beautifully colored birds.  Would see a fish jump or a turtle head pop out of the water next to the boat.

You are not suppose to be out on the lake if the wind picks up.  So we were out on the lake and I said, I think it just got kinda dark.  Then the wind started blowing like crazy.  So we hauled it out of there as fast as we could.  It started to sprinkle on us, but was not cold.  We made it back to the creek and it settled down.

It was fun, but I was so tired when I got home.  I can't wait to get a life jacket for my little Morkie (Harley).  I think she will like going with us.  Will try taking her mamma, but don't think she will like it.  MerSadies gets a little nervous.

Then during the night we were woke up by loud thunder.  Man it seemed close.  This went on for a little while, then it began to poor.  My hubby said "the avocado plant is still outside"  I said oh well.  He got dressed and I said what are you doing.  He said he was going to go get my plant, since I had worked so hard to finally grow one.  What a sweetheart.  Sometime during the morning, we must have lost power, since everything is blinking.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Sounds like a great weekend!