Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cake Pops

I have seen all those wonderful Cake Pops out there and wanted to try them.  I was going to do them for my daughter last October, but had not sticks and could not buy them locally.

Jan 2nd, was my son's 25th birthday.  Now I had picked up the sticks a month ago.  I wanted to try something fun.  So I decided to try and make them look like mugs of beer.  I used a yellow cake mix.  I added some yellow food coloring to the almond bark for the mug part.  The handles are pretzel pieces dipped in white almond bark. I used white frosting on top for the froth.

Unfortunately, this is not my talent and they did not turn out the way I planned.  Hubby says they look like mugs.  My son is suppose to come to town tonight.  I will give them to him then.  Was going to drive to his work with them, but was disappointed in how they looked and did not want his co-workers to see them.

1 comment:

victats@gmail.com said...

You just need to get icing and write budwiser on them. I think cake pops are one of those things that are harder than they look.