Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snow and Ice + Cactus

We received lots of snow yesterday.  So, hubby did not have to go to work.  Well....not drive truck anyways.  He had lots of shoveling to do.  Watching are small dogs trying run through the snow after our golden retriever was hilarious.
Before we went to bed, looked out onto the yard and street.  All the snow was now covered in a sheet of ice.  Looks pretty, but......
When I let the dogs out this morning, found that a large brand of our pine tree had broke and was touching the ground, but stuck.  I was worried that either the dogs or the wind would knock it down and through my kitchen window.  Woke up my husband to take it down.

I have a cactus, that was given to me.  It was just a little piece and was told it was a Christmas cactus.  For years, it had stayed real small and now blooms.  Then I sent it home with my son-in-law and he got it to flourish and gave it back.  After a year we saw the first blooms.  Then last year we had lots of blooms.  This year we have 1 bloom.  Might have a couple more later, not sure.  So it always blooms mid Jan.  Is it Christmas cactus?

No comments: